I went out for coffee this afternoon with that Meetup hiking group. The nice guy who gave me his dry socks after that rainy hike a few weeks ago totally ignored me… not that it matters.
Anyway, when I got home later I was kind of bored and kind of sad. And sometimes when I’m bored and sad, I browse Plenty Offish… just to see. My profile is still hidden, and I have no intention of changing that, given the atrocious batch out there.
I mean, seriously. Check out some of these wonderful headlines, which are ostensibly supposed to entice ladies to click:
– Woman (I picture him grunting this like a Neanderthal)
– I’m exciting (if you have to say it, clearly you’re not)
– I SEE YOU (yep)
– IS SHE OUT THERE SOME WHERE!!!!!!!!! (WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?????!!!!!)
– paitently waiting… (for what, spellcheck?)
– good guy looking for a DRAMA free girl (baggage much?)
– in search of a normal one… (ditto)
– are all girls crazy? (noticing a theme? there are many, many guys who open with a line like this)
– looking for an honest (an honest what?)
– Exhausted of living life alone! (I’m exhausted of you)
– looking for a casual dating (a casual dating what?)
– want kool goodlooking girl! (In fairness, I think a lot of these guys don’t speak English as their first language, so maybe I’m being unfair. There’s really no excuse otherwise.)
– I like cake!!!!!!!!!!!! (It was the multiple exclamation marks that really sold me)
– Looking for interesting (looking for noun in sentence)
– hot grils (uh huh)
– OUTGOING GIRL WANTED????????? (WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING??????? ALSO, THIS ISN’T A QUESTION!!!!!!!!!)
– Looking for an independent women (looking for someone who knows the difference between singular and plural)
Well that was fucking depressing.